Reading and Viewing
Click on the link above to view the BtN story ‘Ned Kelly’. Once you have viewed the story you need to answer the following questions in your language book. Remember you need to include the question AND the answer.
- What type of outlaw was Ned Kelly?
- Where was Ned Kelly’s ‘Last Stand’? What year was it?
- What was significant about the first film made about Ned Kelly?
- What were the names of the other members of the Kelly Gang?
- What were some of the crimes mentioned in the BtN story that Ned Kelly and his gang committed?
- How old was Ned Kelly when he was hanged?
- What is the purpose of the archaeological study of the location of the Glenrowan Inn?
- What have the archaeologists found? Who do they think they belong to?
- What myth/story about Ned Kelly’s ‘Last Stand’ are they hoping to solve?
- Why do you think that Ned Kelly is still seen as a significant person in Australian History?
Solve these worded problems using vertical multiplication:
A worker packed 19 boxes of fruit every hour.
How many boxes will the worker pack in 8 working weeks (of 5 days) if she works a total of 8 hours each day?
Mr Smith saved $986 per month for 16 months.
a) Will he have enough money to buy a caravan worth $25,636?
b) How much more does Mr Smith need to save?
c) How many more months will Mr Smith need to save to buy the caravan?
Write these problems out vertically into your grid book and solve them.
3456 x 39 =
4765 x 57 =
7345 x 94 =
14345 x 43 =
6465 x 65 =
3333 x 33 =
4569 x 87 =
Write your own worded problem for each of these:
35 x 1256 =
45 x 45 =
Slightly easier version:
53 x 64 =
58 x 40 =
73 x 23 =
89 x 60
33 x 61 =
79 x 87 =
58 x 76 =
Write the sentences putting in capitals and all punctuation marks:
- it has been a lovely day remarked jodie
- how tidy your room looks exclaimed mum
- where is your iPad asked ms alexander
- dad asked where is my new razor
- the principal announced there will be no sport training today
- i feel so tired said hudson that ill go to bed